Wiki Coding and Billing For Er Docs

sherryc

Best answers
Does anyone happen to know the going rate per chart for coding and billing for the emergency physicians?

Depends

Coding is usually charged on a per chart basis. Billing is usually charged on a % of collections. Usually the coding is included in the % of billing contracts. These days ED billing contracts are in the 6-9% of collections range. Coding can really vary. I charged 2.25 per chart. But prices have been driven down by off shoring of coding. But domestic I think is still 2-3.00 per chart for physician coding. Maybe 3-5.00 gor facility. Way less if sent to India.

Jim

Does anyone happen to know the going rate per chart for coding and billing for the emergency physicians?
Probably about 3.00 per chart. Coding is usually charged on a per chart basis. Billing is usually charged on a % of collections. Usually the coding is included in the % of billing contracts. These days ED billing contracts are in the 6-9% of collections range. Coding can really vary. I charged 2.25 per chart. But prices have been driven down by off shoring of coding. But domestic I think is still 2-3.00 per chart for physician coding. Maybe 3-5.00 gor facility. Way less if sent to India.