Wiki Coder

Anna L.

Best answers
Does anyone code an arthroscopic bicep tenotomy in addition to the rotator cuff repair, AC joint resesection & acromioplasty? Depending on the operative report it could be an unlisted code (29999) or a debridement (29822).We are getting numerous denials for inclusive. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Maybe I didn't ask this right. Yes, I got that but the problem is that 29822 bundles with 29827 & 29824. If the payer follows CCI, they don't recognize the separate areas of the shoulder. I wanted to know if other coders are coding the biceps tenotomy & getting them paid with 29822. Thanks for any input.

Maybe I didn't ask this right. Yes, I got that but the problem is that 29822 bundles with 29827 & 29824. If the payer follows CCI, they don't recognize the separate areas of the shoulder. I wanted to know if other coders are coding the biceps tenotomy & getting them paid with 29822. Thanks for any input.

If the carrier follows CCI edits you won't be able to capture the 29822 debridement for the biceps tenotomy since you would lose the argument that the biceps is a separate area from the RC tendon.