Wiki coder not agreeing to submission

arizona1

Best answers
Does anyone have a letter used in their work they sign when not in agreement with their company decision to submit a code to CMS?

I believe this would be something done at the company's compliance dept but wonder if anyone has a sample to share.

Thank you

I don't think that there is such a option. My understanding is that the coder's obligation is to submit accurate codes. Period.

If the coder's employer requires her to submit codes that she believes are inaccurate, her options are to report the employer and/or to quit her job. I have never heard that it is permitted to submit an incorrect code "under protest."

I don't think that there is such a option. My understanding is that the coder's obligation is to submit accurate codes. Period.

If the coder's employer requires her to submit codes that she believes are inaccurate, her options are to report the employer and/or to quit her job. I have never heard that it is permitted to submit an incorrect code "under protest."
I agree. There was an article years back in the Coding Edge that expressed this as well. The attorney that wrote article stated that if you knew it was wrong even if you were not the one that submitted it, you are still equally liable for any actions taken.