Wiki Code 99441

mitzfritz215

Best answers
Does the doctor get paid for telephone services when the patient who is bedridden and never comes in the office? We have a patient that he speaks with on the phone daily. Some times for a short period of time and others for a very long period of time. I put the code into the billing system and it comes up with $0. Is there an amount on the fee schedule that I haven't found?
Thanks

Does the doctor get paid for telephone services when the patient who is bedridden and never comes in the office? We have a patient that he speaks with on the phone daily. Some times for a short period of time and others for a very long period of time. I put the code into the billing system and it comes up with $0. Is there an amount on the fee schedule that I haven't found?
Thanks

What insurance does the patient have? Medicare does not pay for "Telephone visits" and most commercial payers also do not reimburse for this service. Is the patient receiving care from a Home Health agency? If not, this may be a better avenue for care rather than the physician providing daily telephone visits.

Your office would establish the fee to charge for the service, you need to consult with whomever assigns the fee schedule for your office about what to charge.

What insurance does the patient have? Medicare does not pay for "Telephone visits" and most commercial payers also do not reimburse for this service. Is the patient receiving care from a Home Health agency? If not, this may be a better avenue for care rather than the physician providing daily telephone visits.

Your office would establish the fee to charge for the service, you need to consult with whomever assigns the fee schedule for your office about what to charge.
Thanks Arlene - I appreciate the info and I'll pass it on to the doctor. Have a wonderful holiday.