Wiki Coccyx Injection NOT Including Joint - CPT

lpalladino

Contributor
Best answers
I am currently working for a spine surgery / interventional pain management practice. One of our P.M. doctors are performing coccyx injections. He is stating that it is not a joint.

Op Report States:

Patient was placed prone on the fluoroscopic imaging table and the coccygeal area was prepped and draped in sterile fashion. The area was then palpated to verify the location of the coccyx.
The superficial skin was anesthetized with 1% Xylocaine at the intended injection site. Utilizing sterile technique, a 22 G needle was then directed at 45* angle, bevel down, until the coccyx was contacted under fluoroscopic guidance.
Negative aspiration was performed to rule out intravascular placement and 1cc non-ionic contrast was injected to confirm placement. After this, 10 mg Dexamethasone/2 cc of 2% Xylocaine was injected in the region. Needle placement was verified with fluoroscopic images.
The patient was instructed to apply ice over the injection site for twenty minutes every two hours for the next twenty-four to forty-eight hours.

I am stuck on what the CPT code is. Not sure if I should bill 64450-50, 20605, or 64999. Any help would be appreciated.

The note doesn't mention a joint or a nerve so I would use an unlisted.