Wiki Cobcg certication

I am planning to sit for the COBGC exam this year as well and I would also be interested in any advice or additional resources. I purchased the study guide and practice test questions, but I still don't feel that is enough.

I recommend brushing up on your E/M coding. If you are not comfortable with E/M coding that could hurt you, and be sure to bring multiple audit sheets.

Other than that I recommend the online practice exam, there are a lot of case studies!! And the 2014 SuperCoder Illustrated for Ob-Gyn [Spiral-bound] by Coding Institute.

I agree there is not much help in prepping for the exam, I sit for a second time in August.

Best of Luck to you all!

Cobgc

I agree with the last comment about the Super Coder for OB-Gyn coding. Study this and transfer notes & RVU's to your AMA code books. If you use audit sheets, be certain you understand them accurately. Try to memorize the levels of E&M. They will want to keep copies of all your used forms but I just used mine as a reference tool so no time is wasted filling it out. I also took several "audit" forms and combine them to use the info. I found most helpful.

I also found taking terminology course very helpful. If you have a coding cheat sheet, add those notes to your code books as well. I found the index a great place to eliminate search times. I also used flags to point me directly to the sections I needed.

It's hard to find practice tests for this certification but if you organize your notes in your books and know your code books well, you'll be fine.
Good luck
Bonny RIsen, COBGC

I agree with familiarizing yourself with E & M coding and I found that years of OB/Gyn coding experience helped a great deal. Good luck.