Wiki Clinical Trial Coding - Have many people work with clinical trials

Would anyone else like to see a section on clinical trial coding? I think there would be value in this, but would like opinions. Have many people work with clinical trials?

Thanks!:eek:

I think there would be value in a section for clinical trial coding, it's very interesting topic and could be used by alot of us who don't know it yet!

I manage the reimbursement for a clinical trial and I have found that there are a lot of questions from the sites. Some devices/procedures are totally new and use unlisted codes, or possibly category three codes. CT modifiers seem to be another issue, as well as filing a Medicare claim for CT. There are several issues that involve Medicare, including but not limited to category classification, investigational device exceptions, how to fill out the coding form required by CMS, proper use of IDE#s, and how to handle Medicare managed choice plans with CT patients. Many questions abound on clinical trial coding/billing. There are not a lot of quick references for CT and some of the information on the CMS website doesnt seem quite clear. I have done a lot of research on CT, including several conversations with CMS and some MACs for clarification, and I thought others may have the same questions and we could share resources and references and experiences.

Just a thought as its always nice to share information!

I manage the reimbursement for a clinical trial and I have found that there are a lot of questions from the sites. Some devices/procedures are totally new and use unlisted codes, or possibly category three codes. CT modifiers seem to be another issue, as well as filing a Medicare claim for CT. There are several issues that involve Medicare, including but not limited to category classification, investigational device exceptions, how to fill out the coding form required by CMS, proper use of IDE#s, and how to handle Medicare managed choice plans with CT patients. Many questions abound on clinical trial coding/billing. There are not a lot of quick references for CT and some of the information on the CMS website doesnt seem quite clear. I have done a lot of research on CT, including several conversations with CMS and some MACs for clarification, and I thought others may have the same questions and we could share resources and references and experiences.

Just a thought as its always nice to share information!

Great response Machelle... .guess there are some unanswered questions in regards to clinical trials!!!