Wiki Clearinghouse rejects assistance

WendySPeters

Best answers
We seem to be getting a lot of rejects stating an "entity code" is required... Here is the exact reject

A1: 19:QC

A1 Acknowledgement/Receipt-the claim has been received. This does not mean the claim has been accepted to adjudication.
19: Entity acknowledges receipt of claim/encounter. This change effective 11/1/2010: Entity acknowledges receipt of claim/encounter. Note This code requires use of an Entity Code.
QC: Patient

My dilemma I have NO CLUE how to fix. Can someone please please direct me where to look for assistance on correcting this. Ive looked on Medicare, Washington Publishing Company, and a few commercial plans without being able to find assistance.

Entity Code

Hello,
I have had the same issue with Change Health, formerly Emdeon. What I found regarding "patient" is some ID numbers require a "person code". So at the end of each ID # you might need to check and see if there is a 00,01,02 etc...
So here in Oregon we have a lot of Providence Health plans hat require these. If the fathers ID is 1001000-00 He is the policy holder. The mother might be 1001000-01 child 1001000-02 and so on.

Hope that helps.