Wiki CIRCC certification - anyone can give pointers

davidskm

Networker
Best answers
I am looking into taking the CIRCC exam within the next year, I was wondering if anyone can give pointers, resources & sites to help study and or networking any one who is circc certified willing to help withgiving direct contact info for any questions as I study for the exam!

Dr Z and his study guide (which he wrote for the AAPC) is invaluable. I also purchase the practice exams for the CIRCC, they are online and you can take them as many times as you want.

I did not take any classes, not really any convenient for me, since I am working full time.

I do suggest you have lots of regular coding experience, and at least some experience with IR.

you can feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions.

Enjoy! remember, one bite at a time...

Heather Shaw, CPC, CIRCC

Dr Z and his study guide (which he wrote for the AAPC) is invaluable. I also purchase the practice exams for the CIRCC, they are online and you can take them as many times as you want.

I did not take any classes, not really any convenient for me, since I am working full time.

I do suggest you have lots of regular coding experience, and at least some experience with IR.

you can feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions.

Enjoy! remember, one bite at a time...

Heather Shaw, CPC, CIRCC

Heather,
Can you say where you found those on line tests? That will help.
Krist_d, you can also use me for any questions. Just to let you know, it's just not angiography and heart caths. There is many more area you will need to know.
Good Luck,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

Circc

Thanks for all the help! If you wouldn't mind, could I get email address for contact purposes :) I planned on ordering the test as well as the guide. I have coded vascular surgery/proc. for over a year and now doing Cardio/thorasic for just over 6 months. So I am hoping by the time I take test I will be well rounded in the areas. :rolleyes: Thanks for the help once again!!!

I take my CIRCC tomorrow!

I'm taking my CIRCC exam tomorrow. Any tips for the exam? I currently code dialysis, PAD, carotid cases now but I know there is more to the exam than this. Nervous...

Circc

Hi
I just passed my CIRCC test 2 weeks ago. I'm reading the forums and found this post.
The study guide is good and the on-line practice exam helped me a lot becasue this is the format of the test.