Wiki CIGNA coding glitch with Third Party administrator accounts

lisaray

Contributor
Best answers
Hey all,
Just wanted to let you know if you have not heard already Cigna had a coding glitch that affected 3rd party administrator accounts for office visit codes like 99213 99214. All denied claims said Zero Dollar allowed amount
Well no one has a contract with 0$ allowed amount for office visits. Apparently per my contact at Cigna they fixed it a week ago Monday August 12th, 2024 but will take awhile to reprocess all claims estimate 30-45 days They also advised to not send additional or corrected claims They would be reprocessing all claims. Some of the 3rd party admins like Lucent, Luminaire, Wellnet, Healthgram, Allegiance, Cigna Oscar, and on and on. Just don't want anyone to have to waste time calling trying to find out why all these claim denials are coming in and allowing 0 $ with no responsibility for patient or insurance....

Did your contact mention anything about any other codes? Our office is seeing $0 allowed amount denials for all 80000 codes.

No my contact did not mention anything about 80000 codes but I did not ask and we don't bill those codes. He did say this affected claims for all office visits for all specialties and with the volume of claims that were affected it will take a big longer for these all to be reprocessed They say 30- 45 BUSINESS Days so it does not include weekend and holidays. I have not seen any reprocessed claims come through yet