Wiki Cigna and UHC Timely

Dorthi

Networker
Best answers
I need advice. I came into an office that had a big mess in December and took over the billing. So timely with the 2 insurance is an issue being they are 3 months behind. No matter how hard we work it is still an issue. They are counting holidays and weekends which I think is very unfair. I am struggling to get those up to timely. If they are seen on 11/23 and I have proof of timely of 2/23 that should count as timely in my opinion. They do not agree, other than an appeal is there a way to fight this? Any ideas on how to get ahead of this mess so these timely stop coming in?? I am desperate at this point.

if timely filing is stated as 90 days then you have no recourse. 90 days is just that 90 days it is not the same always as 3 months. if you are still behind you need to focus on what you can get and let the rest go. I have done this in offices before and I focus on the large dollar claims that are about to go out of timely filing and get them out the door first. let the small stuff go. depending on the number of providers it may take two people to clean something like this up. You need one to work the current claims so that they do not become untimely and you need one to work the old claims. All that said there is no point in trying to butt heads with a payer policy that is in writing and previously agreed to. 90 days is 90 days and that does include weekends and holidays.