Wiki Cic-does everyone

Best answers
I have a question. What does everyone think? Is the CIC going to be recognized as a IP coding credential in the industry as is the CCS for IP coding? Just wondering I have heard different opinions. Right now so many IP coding jobs ask for the credential thru AHIMA.

I have a question. What does everyone think? Is the CIC going to be recognized as a IP coding credential in the industry as is the CCS for IP coding? Just wondering I have heard different opinions. Right now so many IP coding jobs ask for the credential thru AHIMA.
I think the CCS will remain the yardstick credential for quite a long time. Perhaps after a few years the CIC will be its equal.

I guess it depends on how thorough a test the CIC is to enable prospective employers to feel comfortable with the knowledge the CIC has given coders.

At the end of the day, even the CCS doesn't guarantee employment, same as with the CPC. Experience counts for a lot in everything.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to taking the CIC training and then taking the CCS exam? Would it be sufficient education to take the CCS exam? There are very few CCS in depth prep courses.