Wiki Chromosomal Microarray Analysis (CMA)

aaronenix

Best answers
I am stumped. I am trying to find the best way to assign CPT Codes to this particular laboratory procedure. I have looked at the manufacturer's website, AMA, googled, and had no luck. Here is what the methodology says on a sample report. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Chromosomal microarray analysis (CMA) was performed using Affymetrix Genome-wide Human SNP Array 6.0. This microarray consists of 1.8 million genetic markers covering the human genome at a mean spacing of one oligo per kilobase. Approximately half of the probes can provide SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) genotype calls in addition to copy number state. These SNP probes allow for the identification of large stretches of homozygosity (LOH) that may represent a hemizygous state (deletion), uniparental isodisomy (UPD), or regions of the genome identical by descent. Patient hybridization parameters are compared to data derived from the publicly available HapMap set of 270 control individuals. All copy number imbalances greater than 200 kb are investigated further. Deletions smaller than 500 kb and duplications smaller than 1 Mb are not reported unless they involve regions of the genome with clear or strongly suspected clinical significance. Deletions larger than 500 kb and duplications larger than 1 megabase are always reported, unless they represent a region clearly associated with benign copy number polymorphism in multiple independent studies. Regions of LOH are reported when they are greater than 10 Mb. Genomic linear positions are given relative to NCBI build 36.