Wiki Chlamydia culture

Best answers
We had a patient in our office who had a chlamydia culture taken. Could someone help me? Is there a procedure code for the taking of this type of culture or not?

Also, if a patient who has had a hysterectomy comes in for just a pelvic exam with no specimen collected along with a breast exam what would the appropriate code be for this scenario? I know it would also be insurance specific. Could anyone help please?

We had a patient in our office who had a chlamydia culture taken. Could someone help me? Is there a procedure code for the taking of this type of culture or not?

Also, if a patient who has had a hysterectomy comes in for just a pelvic exam with no specimen collected along with a breast exam what would the appropriate code be for this scenario? I know it would also be insurance specific. Could anyone help please?

The obtaining of a culture is part of the E/M service provided.

Even though a patient has had a hysterectomy, you can still code a preventive exam when they come in for routine pelvic/breast exam. Pap tests are still obtained on some women who have had hysterectomy as the test can also detect other problems. Of course if it is a Medicare patient there are specific G and Q codes to use for that type of exam.