Wiki Charge for surgical dressing supplies

klbecker

Networker
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
I code for a physician who applies the Aquacel Ag Surgical dressings after some of his surgeries. During some of the post op visits the physician will remove the original dressing and apply a new Aquacel Surgical dressing. His office does purchase these. Can he bill for the Aquacel as a supply? (99070) or would it be considered part of the surgical package? I know he can't bill an office visit just wondering about the dressing itself.
Thanks!:confused:

I code for a physician who applies the Aquacel Ag Surgical dressings after some of his surgeries. During some of the post op visits the physician will remove the original dressing and apply a new Aquacel Surgical dressing. His office does purchase these. Can he bill for the Aquacel as a supply? (99070) or would it be considered part of the surgical package? I know he can't bill an office visit just wondering about the dressing itself.
Thanks!:confused:

No any supplies used during the post-op period would be inclusive of the surgerical procedure.

I'm just clarifying, the Aquacel dressing supplies are different from casting supplies and can not be billed out separately, unlike casting supplies. Is that correct?