Wiki charge for medications

kikiperkins

Best answers
If the admin for a medication is billed but we do not supply the medication (rx is written and picks up at pharmacy), is it required to bill what type of medication was given? I have read different answers a couple different places and just wanted to know how other Physician's offices bill out and if anyone has a link to go to to get a real answer with proper documentation. Thank you

You should only bill the admin for the injection since it did not come out of your private stock you should not bill the insurance for it the pharmarcy will be billing for the medication

I just took the AAPC Webinar for Injections this week. The speaker said you should check with your carriers because some require you to bill the HCPC code for the medication with a $0 attached.

We have never done this. We just bill the injection w/ corresponding ICD-9 code.

Thank you. I have never billed for it unless we supply it and if we got it sampled I put the J code w/a $.00 charge. I just couldn't find any specific documentation supporting the way I do it.Thanks again!