Wiki CGM 95249

anajet1

New
Best answers
Good morning everyone,

Does anyone have experience billing for CGM services in your practice? Specifically the Personal CGM 95249 (Ambulatory continuous glucose monitoring of interstitial tissue fluid via a subcutaneous sensor for a minimum of 72 hours; patient-provided equipment, sensor placement, hook-up, calibration of monitor, patient training, and printout of recording).

I have a provider who is wanting to know more information and has some specific questions that I’ve had a difficult time nailing down in my research.

Does anyone know if this can be billed if a sample is given to the patient? The provider is saying they would put the sample on the patient in office so they didn’t have to get their prescription filled and come back in.

In my research I have also read that a smartphone may not be an acceptable receiver device because it is not considered FDA approved. Does the CGM have to be used in conjunction with a reader, other than a smartphone?

My provider is also wanting to know if all components of the code description have to be performed in order for the service to be billed?

Any help you all can give is greatly appreciated!