Wiki CFPC Certification Help

codell84

New
Best answers
I am studying for the CFPC Certification exam and I'm seeking some help on what I should study. I feel like I need to go over the '95 and '97 E&M Guidelines. But I feel like I'm still missing a piece of the picture. Does anyone else have any advice on what else I should study?

Thanks.

Yes, you will need to reveiw both the 95 & 97 E/M Guidelines, however you are allowed to also bring copies of both with you when taking the exam. You are also allowed to bring an additional approved reference such as a Medical Dictionary or Abbreviations Book and Audit Tool with you to the exam. I also highly recommend using the AAPC Study Guide and Practice Exam when studying for any certification exam. "Good Luck".

For my CFPC, I brought the guidelines, my audit cards, and a medical dictionary. I only used the guidelines for one question and the audit cards at a quick glance to confirm/question my answer as to what the E/M code should be, but I surprisingly (for me) needed my medical dictionary for 6-7 questions

Obviously, every test is different, but since I only passed with a 78%, my dictionary may have been the difference between passing comfortably and really cutting it close