Wiki Cervical RLF

buttafly

Contributor
Best answers
Good afternoon, from my understanding RFL performed under 80 degrees centigrade should be coded as 64999, am I correct? I have a note that the office manager states this recorded should be coded as 64633-64634. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

The patient was brought to the procedural area and placed in the prone position on a cervical support device. The skin overlying the cervical area was prepped with chlorhexidine and sterile drapes were applied. Time out was performed. Procedures were performed on the left side and then repeated on the right. Under fluoroscopy, the endpoint for placement of the needles were the dorsal medial nerves located at the waist at the C5 vertebral body and at the upper aspect of the C6 and C7 transverse processes. Each end point was brought into respective coaxial view. The skin, subcutaneous and intramuscular compartments were infiltrated with 1% Lidocaine. #20 gauge insulated needles were then placed and advanced into each respective end point. No paresthesia were elicited. Aspiration was negative for blood and CSF. No contrast material was utilized. All sensory stimulation was performed at 50 Hertz. All motor stimulation was carried out at 2 Hertz with no respective motor stimulation to the arms or diaphragm. . Denervation was carried out at 60 degrees centigrade for 120 seconds at each level.1 cc of 1% Xylocaine was infiltrated at each level prior to denervation. Needles were removed while infiltrating 1% Lidocaine after denervation.