Wiki Cervical Endoscopic Neurotomy with Bone Marrow Aspirate

suskim07

Contributor
Best answers
I could use some assistance with coding for a Cervical Endoscopic Neurotomy with Bone marrow aspirate.

C3-4, C4-5, C5-6, and C6-7 endoscopic neurotomy. 2. Bone marrow aspirate, right ileum. 3. Highly concentrated bone marrow placement, C3-4, C4-5, C5-6 and C6-7 bilaterally. Op report reads:

obtained 50 mL of bone marrow aspirate, which was passed off the field and centrifuged for 15 minutes at 3200 RPM. I then turned my attention to the cervical spine. A small incision was made on the right and left side over the paraspinals at C6. I placed the endoscope into the patient and debrided the soft tissue over the facet joints. I performed an endoscopically assisted neurotomy of the medial branch nerve with electrocautery at the lateral aspect of the facet joint at the levels listed above bilaterally. Once complete, I then placed two needles into the patient’s peri-facet region and placed 1 mL of bone highly concentrated marrow aspirate into the peri-facet region at C3-4, C4-5, C5-6, and C6-7 bilaterally.

I believe this should be coded as 64999 x 1 unit, 20999 X 1 unit and 0232T x 1 unit.