Wiki CEMC Exam

kfrycpc

Best answers
I am going to be applying for a coder position within my department. I have about 4 years experience cpt and icd coding for hospitalists, neurology and wound care. Mostly dx code. I haven't done a whole lot of E/M coding unless it was due to a rejection (our charges were entered by someone else). I am planning on sitting for the CEMC exam in October. The AAPC highly recommends bringing the E/M Audit Worksheet of your choice and both CMS DGs (1995 & 1997). My question is: I can also bring another reference. Do you have any suggestions on what might be most helpful? Thanks! :D

I am going to be applying for a coder position within my department. I have about 4 years experience cpt and icd coding for hospitalists, neurology and wound care. Mostly dx code. I haven't done a whole lot of E/M coding unless it was due to a rejection (our charges were entered by someone else). I am planning on sitting for the CEMC exam in October. The AAPC highly recommends bringing the E/M Audit Worksheet of your choice and both CMS DGs (1995 & 1997). My question is: I can also bring another reference. Do you have any suggestions on what might be most helpful? Thanks! :D

My additional reference was a medical dictionary. I did use it a few times during. I can't think of anything else I would recommend.

HTH!