Wiki Cemc - Does anyone have any good

bda23054

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone have any good tips or training tools when preparing for the CEMC exam? I've heard it's an extremely hard exam. My employers is requiring all coders in my department take the test. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

All I can say is take your time and use your auditing tools. It is a very difficult exam. Of the 5 people in my class, 2 were taking it for the third time and failed, 1 was taking it for the second time and failed and 2 of us were taking it for the first time and I'm the only one who passed and it was by the skin of my teeth. Don't mean to scare you, but want you to be realistic and really take your time.

Oh boy! Were the five of you E/M coders? I thought I would cruise through this one, it can't be tougher than the CPMA, but now I wonder!

I just registered for 12/1 exam so I haven't gotten the study guide yet.

Any other insight out there?

Thanks!

Tough test!

I studied on my own with the NAMAS study guide and the Grider book and passed first time. It is a tough exam because of the regulatory topics covered and the lack of any reference material you can have on hand for those questions.

My suggestion is to invest some time going to the links AAPC has on the CPMA exam preparation page on their website that pertain to regulations and penalties, as well as studying those sections in the two books I mentioned. Also, have a good one page audit tool that you are familar with (email me if you'd like a copy of one) and know your 1995 and 1997 guidelines.

Good luck!

I too want to take the CEMC test in December, will be purchasing everything this weekend. Does the AAPC online practice exam help? Has anyone used that?

I've been coding for a very long time but don't routinely perform E&M coding. By routinely, I mean it's not an every day occurence, however, I do perform E&M coding at least once a week. I'm prepared for it to be hard...but I also like the challenge and since I'm used to coding (one would hope)...I'm also hopeful I can pass this.

Is the regulatory information required in the CEMC or just CPMA?

Thanks all!!!