Wiki "CDN" in Medical billing & coding

Akki

New
Best answers
I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the acronym “CDN” or know what it stands for from a revenue cycle perspective? The only I know that “CDN” is for charging purposes, and am trying to get more clarity on what that term means. Unfortunately, Looking for more information.
Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the acronym “CDN” or know what it stands for from a revenue cycle perspective? The only I know that “CDN” is for charging purposes, and am trying to get more clarity on what that term means. Unfortunately, Looking for more information.
Thanks!
I'm not familiar with CDN, can you provide the context where you seen this used?

Or do you perhaps mean CDM? If so, that acronym stands for 'charge description master', usually just called the 'charge master', which is a hospital's master list of all items and services and the corresponding descriptions (and usually includes 'hard-coded' CPT/HCPCS code assignments for those items that have them), which can be added to a given patient's encounter for billing purposes.

I'm not familiar with CDN, can you provide the context where you seen this used?

Or do you perhaps mean CDM? If so, that acronym stands for 'charge description master', usually just called the 'charge master', which is a hospital's master list of all items and services and the corresponding descriptions (and usually includes 'hard-coded' CPT/HCPCS code assignments for those items that have them), which can be added to a given patient's encounter for billing purposes.
Thanks Thomas for responding, I appreciate.