Wiki CCS Holders ???

kimms

Best answers
Hi everyone, any suggestions on books or workshops to study for the CCS? I ordered the study book from AHIMA and it is really throwing me off. Anyone used the CCS exam prep by Jennifer Garvin and do well on the CCS? Thank you and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!

I just took the CCS and passed - I think you may have to take it using ICD-10 very soon - you should check. I went to classes in Queens NY - are you nearby? There are several books of test prep put out by AHIMA, Garvin's is one of them. I found going over and over the prep questions and then studying what I got wrong was the only helpful thing, besides, of course, the class. Good Luck!

Lin

Thank you

Hi Lin, I live in Ca and there is a weekend class that I am taking along with the book by Garvin, it seems that there are mistakes in the book and I wanted to make sure that it is reliable to learn by. I am taking the test in April, so before ICD-10. Thanks again for your advice. Take care.

Last edited:
yes - there were mistakes in last year's book as well, but our instructor put it right.

I found the test to be in general harder than the prep book questions: pay close attention to the topics covered in the prep cases, as they reflect what the test covers. And don't forget to study regulations, case mix formula, DRG influencers, status indicators - all that is on the test as well. Good luck!!!

Lin

Thank you

Lin, thank you for all of your advice, it is very appreciated and great to have ideas from you being that you passed the CCS. Thank you, Kim.