Wiki Catheterizations

ruthie72

Best answers
Can someone please give me some examples of Selective catheterizations and the orders in which they are to be coded? I would really appreciate...or maybe a step by step as to how I am supposed to look it up?? Thanks so much.:)

There are quite a few. Check out Appendix L in CPT. See if that helps.

Thank you. Yes I have been looking at Appendix L. I think I have it figured out. I could not figure out the process, but now I think I understand it as if ..you go through the aortic branch and go to a second order first, that is coded first. Then when you go to the third branch that is coded second with a modifier...even though the third branch is first in the coding book...Does that makes sense?

Thank you. Yes I have been looking at Appendix L. I think I have it figured out. I could not figure out the process, but now I think I understand it as if ..you go through the aortic branch and go to a second order first, that is coded first. Then when you go to the third branch that is coded second with a modifier...even though the third branch is first in the coding book...Does that makes sense?

Within any vascular family that still allows separate catheterization codes you code to the highest selection first. It doesn't matter which one was catheterized first, just which is highest in that family. Then if a separate branch is catheterized, it is coded with the "each additional branch" code. If you go through one vessel to get to another - it isn't coded.

Within any vascular family that still allows separate catheterization codes you code to the highest selection first. It doesn't matter which one was catheterized first, just which is highest in that family. Then if a separate branch is catheterized, it is coded with the "each additional branch" code. If you go through one vessel to get to another - it isn't coded.

Hi Donna
Thank you..if you have time..can you please share an example? IF you have one? Thanks so much.