Wiki Cath with Stent, Recent denials

Robbin109

Expert
Best answers
Is anyone else getting recent denial for cath billed with mod 59 along with a stent?

Ours started in May. I just checked Encoder and it looks like the mod 59 is allowed for the stent, but not an allowable mod for the cath, but haven't heard or read anything about this.

Anyone else having this issue?

Is anyone else getting recent denial for cath billed with mod 59 along with a stent?

Ours started in May. I just checked Encoder and it looks like the mod 59 is allowed for the stent, but not an allowable mod for the cath, but haven't heard or read anything about this.

Anyone else having this issue?

I also have encoder, but it looks to me like the modifier 59 goes with the cath/angios when performed with a stent placement. I am assuming you mean heart caths and coronary angiography.

:confused:

hmmmm, I pull up 93458 and 59 is not showing as one of the modifiers allowed..I know it use to be there....Didn't know if something had changed recently...I'll check into it futher.

Thanks

I have a July article from SuperCoder talking about the recent changes to these codes if you want me to email it to you. Too big to upload here.