Wiki Cath report; What do you think?

cvand1972

Guru
Best answers
What does everyone else think? This report really isn't as detailed as what I'm used to. I'm thinking 93510 and just 93545. But does the LVEDP tell me that I should also code the 93543?? I'm not real great and reading these things just yet. They are not as cut and dry as the educational material I'm learning from (but that's not a surprise)

TECHNIQUE: A #5 French sheath was introducted into the right radial artery without difficulty. Fluoroscopy was normal.

CORONARY ARTERIOGRAPHY: Coronary arteries are normal.

LVEDP equals six and ejection fraction 60% with 2+ MR.

IMPRESSION:
1. Normal coronary arteries
2. Two plus mitral insufficiency

What does everyone else think? This report really isn't as detailed as what I'm used to. I'm thinking 93510 and just 93545. But does the LVEDP tell me that I should also code the 93543?? I'm not real great and reading these things just yet. They are not as cut and dry as the educational material I'm learning from (but that's not a surprise)

TECHNIQUE: A #5 French sheath was introducted into the right radial artery without difficulty. Fluoroscopy was normal.

CORONARY ARTERIOGRAPHY: Coronary arteries are normal.

LVEDP equals six and ejection fraction 60% with 2+ MR.

IMPRESSION:
1. Normal coronary arteries
2. Two plus mitral insufficiency

All I get from your thread is that the catheter went into the LV and pressures were taken. I bill 93510 for that, then 93545 for coronaries and 93556 for the S&I coronaries. No mention of LVgram to get the 93543/93555 charges.

HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC