Wiki Care during global period by out of state doc

doodiebuggy

Best answers
Good morning:

I need some input please - we are located in florida and quite often get visitors to our state who have received fracture care or surgical care by their home docs. They they come down here on vacation and come to our practice for follow up care. What can we bill and what can we not bill??? We know about the "54", "55" and "56" modifiers but those don't get used in our imperfect world. Can we bill and get paid for anything other than cast supplies and/or x-rays???

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day.

Good morning:

I need some input please - we are located in florida and quite often get visitors to our state who have received fracture care or surgical care by their home docs. They they come down here on vacation and come to our practice for follow up care. What can we bill and what can we not bill??? We know about the "54", "55" and "56" modifiers but those don't get used in our imperfect world. Can we bill and get paid for anything other than cast supplies and/or x-rays???

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day.

since (i'm assuming of course) these are new patients to your practice, you can also capture the E/M. Since you are probably not actually "following" the patients throughout the course of the fracture it would not be appropriate to use the 54/55/56 anyhow as I would think that these (again, I'm assuming) just one time visits while they are away from home.

my two cents :)