Wiki Cardiology consulted then ADMITTED next day?? Can someone HELP?

brandyleigh23

Networker
Best answers
How do I bill for these? I want to ensure my doc gets paid for his services. First, the patient was seen by a surgeon for pacer placement. Second, patient was sent for consult by cardiology for status post pacer. Third, patient was ADMITTED by cardiology the day after she was consulted because of pacer malfunctions... I need a little help:confused:

DATE OF CONSULTATION: 07/11/2012

REQUESTING PHYSICIAN: Dr. "Surgeon"

REASON FOR CONSULT: Status post pacemaker placement

HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS: Ms. "Patient" is a 52-year-old female who has had pacemaker since 1985. She states she had gentle third-degree heart block that was found while she was pregnant by Holter monitor. Patient states that the lead has been fractured and she has been pacing her chest. The patient was taken to the OR today by Dr. "Surgeon" and underwent placement of a right-sided dual chamber permanent pacemaker and removal of the left-sided pacemaker. Cardiology is now being consulted.

ROS:

ASSESMENT: Status post placement of right-sided dual chamber permanent pacemaker with removal of left-sided pacemaker.

PLAN: Continue current medications. Patient will followup with her cardiologist in Raleigh.

signed, Dr. "Cardio"

DATE OF ADMISSION: 07/12/2012

REASON FOR ADMISSION: Palpitations after recent surgery.

HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS: Ms. "Patient" is a 52-year-old female patient who just underwent surgery on 07/11/2012 for malfunctioning pacemaker electrode. At that time, she underwent placement of a right-sided dual-chamber pacemaker with removal of the left-sided pacemaker, which was done by Dr. "Surgeon". The patient comes into the emergency room at this time with complaints of "twiching" at the chest. She points beneath the right breast. It appears at this time that the atrial lead may be dislodged. She will now be admitted for further workup.

ROS:
ASSESMENT AND PLAN:
1. The patient presents with twiching in the chest. she points beneath the right breast. It appears that she may be pacing the diaphragm. Pacemaker to be evaluated in the emergency room. It could also be that there is lead dislodgement. We will awaitfor the pacemaker to be interroogated.
2. Other diagnosis is history of hypothyroidism.
3. Treatment to be based on her findings. We will continue to follow.

signed, Dr. "Cardio"