Wiki Cardiology coders Need your help

yahairag2@aol.com

Contributor
Best answers
URGENT CATH: Can I code for this? and if so, which CPT code will I use. The closest code I found was the 93458, but this code is for a left heart catherization. I know to use 76937 for the ultrasound guidance. Report below:

Severely elevated LVEDP, No coronary angiogram was performed due to patient having cardiac arrest · Patient brought to the cath lab on an emergent basis. Under ultrasound guidance right femoral access was obtained. Shortly afterwards she went into Vfib and ACLS protocol was intiated. Anesthesia came and intubated the patient. She coded multiple times with ROSC achieved for very short intervals. She was given multiple pushes of IV bicarbonate, IV epinephrine, IV Calcium gluconate, IV Lidocaine and IV amiodarone. She was maxed out on multiple presors which include dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine. We were able to exchange the 6F femoral sheath for a balloon pump sheath. However she coded again shortly there after and we were unable to obtain ROSC and the patient expired