Wiki Cardiac Help

suec

Networker
Best answers
Pt is already known to have a stenosis in the LAD & Circumflex. Stent placed in LAD. An IVUS of the Circumflex was going to be attempted. The left system was engaged and an angiogram was done. Can I code the angiogram of the Circumflex (93454-59) or is that considered part of the IVUS procedure. IVUS procedure was discontinued because of a pt issue. It seems to me the angiogram would be part of the IVUS because the stenosis was already known. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Buttercup

Pt is already known to have a stenosis in the LAD & Circumflex. Stent placed in LAD. An IVUS of the Circumflex was going to be attempted. The left system was engaged and an angiogram was done. Can I code the angiogram of the Circumflex (93454-59) or is that considered part of the IVUS procedure. IVUS procedure was discontinued because of a pt issue. It seems to me the angiogram would be part of the IVUS because the stenosis was already known. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Buttercup

Since a true diagnostic cath was not performed, the angiogram (guiding shots) is part of the intervention.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

Thank You for your help!

Jim Pawloski;158518]Since a true diagnostic cath was not performed, the angiogram (guiding shots) is part of the intervention.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC[/QUOTE]