Wiki Cardiac Cath coding

Best answers
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if i could get some advice on learning how to code Cardiac Caths. Cardiology is my weakest specialty and i need help learning how to better code Caths. Can some one help point me in the right direction.

Thank you,
Robin

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if i could get some advice on learning how to code Cardiac Caths. Cardiology is my weakest specialty and i need help learning how to better code Caths. Can some one help point me in the right direction.

Thank you,
Robin

What you can do is to check out either Z-Health Publishing or Med-Learn for diagnostic and interventional cardiology books. They are pricey, but I use the Z-health as it describes what should and should not be coded.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

Cardiac Cath Coding

I have found a few videos on YouTube to be very helpful. If you search on YouTube for Cardiac Coding, you will find quite a few videos. I would recommend looking at the videos done in 2018 or 2017. There is a group called "Medical Coding Cert" that has a number of helpful videos. I also purchased a webinar from AAPC called "Coding Selective and Nonselective Catherizations" from the On-Demand Library. The webinar is fantastic. It is about an hour long, but you will spend more time with than that if you print out the handouts first and follow along with the presenter. You will start and stop the webinar many times to "get" all of the presenter's great material.