Wiki CANPC Test

Best answers
Can anyone tell me...When I am reading the transcriptions on the exam, if a patient is over 65 years old, do I assume that they are a medicare patient and not charge them for physical status or do I only consider them a medicare patient if it is stated?? I just don't want to mess up my time units by adding phys status if we shouldn't be... Thanks!!

Can anyone tell me...When I am reading the transcriptions on the exam, if a patient is over 65 years old, do I assume that they are a medicare patient and not charge them for physical status or do I only consider them a medicare patient if it is stated?? I just don't want to mess up my time units by adding phys status if we shouldn't be... Thanks!!

Never assume-the test should tell you if the patient is a Medicare recipient or not (at least it did when I took it 2 years ago). Good luck! :)

I agree you never assume, the exam will give you the information you will need to answer the question correctly. Good Luck!!!