CANPC Exam

cmacpc

Networker
Best answers
I will be taking the exam Dec 5. Just wondering for those of you out the that took the exam in the past for the allowed reference material what did you find helpful? any ideas will be helpful? Not sure what to bring?

Approved Manuals for Use During Examination

Required References:

CPT Books (AMA standard or professional edition ONLY). No other publisher is allowed.
Your choice of ICD-9-CM (Exams will test ICD-9 through December 31, 2015).
Your choice of HCPCS Level II.

Highly Recommended References:

ASA RVG*
CPT crosswalk*
E/M Audit Worksheet of your choice
Both CMS DGs (1995 & 1997)

*necessities

Optional References:

One reference of your choice

Note:

Electronic devices with an on/off switch (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, etc.) are not allowed into the examination room. Failure to comply with this policy may result in disqualification of your exam.

Any officially published errata for these manuals may also be used. No other manuals are allowed. Each code set is updated annually; it is essential that examinees use the current calendar year's coding manuals when taking the certification exam.

Non-Approved Manuals for Use During Examination

ue to the advantages of additional information and/or ease of use, the following references cannot be used during the exam:

Current Procedural Coding Expert? - Ingenix
Procedural Coding Professional - Contexo
Procedural Coding Professional - AAPC
Procedural Coding Expert - Contexo
Procedural Coding Expert - AAPC
CPT Insider's View - AMA
CPT Plus! - PMIC
Coders' Choice CPT? - PMIC
ICD-9-CM Easy Coder - Unicor

I'm not sure I understand your question.

The Crosswalk & RVG are only available through the ASA. It is strongly recommended using manuals from the current year, as codes are deleted/added yearly.

Canpc exam

Question: So how was the test you took back in Dec of 2015? I am currently working for Anesthesia and Pain Management company and they want me to take this exam this year 2016.. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated...:)
Thanks in advance Tracey, CPC