Wiki Can you recommend affordable billing and coding software?

jesen3

Best answers
Hello to all, I am looking to buy affordable billing and coding software. I need

a reasonable price. I am new in this field and I am afraid of scammers.

Is billing and coding software the same ( in one package) or you have to buy

separate billing and separate coding software. Also I need a support with

clearinghouse (claims) and a general support. What do you recommend?

Thanking you in advance

Most practice management (billing) softwares have an option for automatic code updates yearly. That being said, there are many types of softwares out there at various price levels. What specialty are you looking for? How large of a practice? What is the focus of what you want the software to do for you? I have had experience with many types of software and can offer some advice/more information if you provide some additional information as well. Many larger PM software companies have an established relationship with a credible clearinghouse but not all do so that is something you will need to look for.

I am a biller, doing billing for PTs. I have been using Medisoft for billing for about 3 years. It is very easy to enter claims & reconcil EOBs. There is not coding software with it, but you can enter your most used codes to pull up when entering a claim. The clearing house is Relay Health, who integrates seamlessly with the Medisoft. This program also does scheduling, which I don't use. Support comes from a "value added retailer" or a seperate company that you can contract with. I do not have support & work just fine. Go to medisoft.com

Medisoft is the most inexpensive and quite popular with the at-home biller. However, they require the use of a specific clearinghouse, which isn't cheap, both in the set-up and the monthly charges. In my state, Blue Cross is a clearinghouse and their services are free. It would have been cheaper to go with a little more expensive billing program to have the free clearinghouse services. It's worth looking into the entire picture.

I use Medisoft for my home based medical billing business. I know they have a clearinghouse that they make you think is the only one you can use. I believe it is called Phoenix. I use ET&T Clearinghouse with Medisoft and have been very happy with them. I even just upgraded my software to the new version 16 that was released on Friday. Just wanted to let you know that you may be able to use other clearinghouses, I would call up the actual clearinghouse instead of asking Medisoft.