Wiki can some please answer...

Best answers
4 mo old patient came in office for mmr, tetanus, and hep A how many 90460's and 90461's do I apply? How do I code this and do I use 99203-25 with this?

Was there a well chld visit with this? Was counseling done by Provider? 90460 is first vaccine w/prov counseling, 90461 is each additional w/counseling...90471 is when not counseled and 90472 is each additional w/o counsel. Hope this helps.

Be Careful

Hello,

Be careful with 90460 and 90461. It is not used "per vaccine" but rather per component.

Also, if counseling was not performed, then 90460 and 90461 is not the appropriate codes. Please refer to 90471 and 90472.

Have a great day
Joe

In reply to mmr ?

NO JUST ONE BUT A CO WORKER IS SAYING YOU SUPPOSE TO BILL 3 FOR Mumps, Measles, Rubella AND THE DOCTOR TOLD ME TO GET ON THIS SITE AND CHECK...

I know its 90707

Im saying for the admin code do I use 3 for Mumps, Measles, Rubella or just one. My doctor wanted me to check because I only been coding one admin code but we have a new employee and shes saying u suppose to bill 3 admin codes.... She's saying I been coding wrong...

If counseling was provided prior to the vaccine administration, you would report 90460 for the first componet and 90461 x 2 for the remaining two componets (90461 is reported for each additional component. Since an MMR is three components, you use 90460 for the first component and 90461 for the additonal components).

You may want to speak with the payer about this as some payers have specific criteria for reporting these new codes. Some payers will allow the units and other payers may want the codes listed as separate line items and some payers may even require modifiers. Hope this helps.