Wiki Can and EM code be used for telephone visits?

ollielooya

True Blue
Best answers
I hear our Coding Edge magazine has a good article about Telehealth this month and am anxious to read it. Until then here's the question that my employer has asked me to submit to the forum: Family practice doctor does not do home visits. Wants to know if he can charge for E/M services rather than the telephone codes that MCR patient has requested in lieu of face to face visits as patient is immobile. Doctor is under the impression that an EM code can be billed with GT modifier. If not, what are the alternatives? Hoping that information in the Coding Edge could be helpful.

telehealth and telephone are two different things, telehealth has very strict requirements in terms of technical equipment , it must be video that is high def and the sound must be clear you can look up the requirements in the MCM.. but yes GT can be applied to an E&M code.

Telehealth

Is there anyway to get a copy of the article from Coding Edge (April 2007) regarding Telehealth? We are just getting started in using this and I am having to research everything I can find out on the subject.