Wiki Cage-aid

jgielow

New
Best answers
I was just curious, our physicians are now requiring patients to complete a CAGE-AID form prior to there visit (in the waiting room). Is there a billable CPT code for this? Or is it bundled into the E/M?

I would think that it would be like any other paperwork that providers ask patients to fill out (past medical history, medications list, etc.) that would be included in the medical decision making under the E&M codes, but at least that's what I think.

I was just curious, our physicians are now requiring patients to complete a CAGE-AID form prior to there visit (in the waiting room). Is there a billable CPT code for this? Or is it bundled into the E/M?

I think this will depend on the payer. Though CAGE-AID is a structured screening, it may be bundled as part of the history by some payers. However, a payer may allow this as a health risk assessment (96160) but it would be necessary to verify the reimbursement policy. If the screening result is positive and the physician provides an assessment and brief intervention last at least 15 minutes, code 99408 is reported.

Hope that helps,
Cindy