Wiki C20999 used for bone marrow aspiration for adjunct to mid foot fusion? Is this covered?

Best answers
Hi am a CPC and recently had my 3rd foot surgery- midfoot fusion of 1st and 2nd metatarsal to cuneiform fusion, 2nd toe fusion and tendon transfer. I had a broken screw and malunion from my first surgery. Just had this revision surgery and the surgeon said that a bone marrow aspiration would improve the fusion percentage. He also was already at my hip taking trephinations of bone to supplement the allograft. He charged me $2000 up front cash and said insurance will not cover this procedure (the bone marrow aspiration). The office has refused to give me a code for the procedure even though my insurance company said they would consider paying for this since I already had failed surgeries. I now see they billed it as C20999 on my hospital bill. How can I get his paid for? Is this true BM aspiration for supplementation is not a covered service and do you think this is ethical to bill a patient pre operatively to have that done?