Wiki c-arm - group of Orthopaedic surgerons

aprilroc

Networker
Best answers
I know this is a ASC question but I need some help and appreciate all the expertise here. I work for a group of Orthopaedic surgerons and do all the billing and coding for them from the office standpoint but we just recently opened a ASC and have this question:

If the ASC owns the C-arm and we use in a surgical case would that be billed with no modifier to capture both technical and professional components? Is both components billable in the ASC setting? And the code I'm looking at is 76000, does this sound correct?

Thanks,

I know this is a ASC question but I need some help and appreciate all the expertise here. I work for a group of Orthopaedic surgerons and do all the billing and coding for them from the office standpoint but we just recently opened a ASC and have this question:

If the ASC owns the C-arm and we use in a surgical case would that be billed with no modifier to capture both technical and professional components? Is both components billable in the ASC setting? And the code I'm looking at is 76000, does this sound correct?

Thanks,

Since the ASC owns the equipment, the ASC should be coding 76000-TC
the physician may code 76000-26 but dont look for many payments as this is difficult to get paid for unless they are dictating separate "radiology" reports.

Thanks you so much! I have always coded and billed on the professional side. We just opened up our own ASC and it is a new world to me. I am learning so much everyday. I am thankful for the expertise that this site has to offer.