Wiki Business Owners

Gemini18

Expert
Best answers
This is to everyone who owns their own billing/coding business:

I'm happy to say I am one of you now -- I started my business this month (FINALLY!) after a year of preparing and getting everything in order. New Year, New Adventure. I am happy to say I have signed 2 clients so far, one of which is a multi-speciality -- and soon will be signing my third in March (when he opens his office).

I truly love what I do and KNEW that I would have my own business one day. My only concern is -- I still have some doubts about running my own business. I would like to know -- if anyone else had those same feelings when they started out?

Thanks so much.
Karen

I did when I first started as well. But once you start it is a great feeling knowing that you have accomplished what you set out to do. There is alot to learn and remember as a business owner let alone in our profession. I would like to congratulate you on your accomplishment, I myself know how much work went into getting you where you are now. GREAT JOB!!!:)

Lisa

Karen:

Congratulations on this new adventure - it's so exciting!

It is a little scary starting your own business because you can only depend on yourself. It can also bring you the flexibility to do things a regular job wouldn't permit, like going to a child's ballgame, school program, etc. I don't think I could ever bring myself to work for someone else again.

I have made my share of mistakes, but I try not to ever make the same mistake twice and to find humor and a learning principle in each one. Six months into my billing business in the 1980's, I accidentally deleted my hard drive. I had to re-create every single patient record, charge, payment, etc. (I never did that again, LOL!)

You may find that you don't always know the answers, but with good common sense and good internet skills, you can go a long way...

If you always give your best, then that's all you can do. You won't make everyone happy, but do your best and that will serve you well.

See you at the top! :)