Wiki Bundling question knee surgery

peporter

Guru
Best answers
Happy 2010 to everyone, I just need some advice about a knee surgery. I know arthroscopic debridement of the ACL is an unlisted code but if it is done at the same time as a tricompartment synovectomy and a chondroplasty of the femoral groove, medial femoral condyle and medial tibial plateau along with a 29880, would the debridement be considered bundled? Is the ACL included in the patella/femoral compartment?

His note said:
the femoral notch was inspected and ACL appeared to be somewhat hemorrhagic and partially torn, the ACL was debrided and the anterior part was approximately 30% and appeared to be functioning

Should I use the unlisted 29999 or is it bundled? Thanks, Paula

So, the ACL debridement would be bundled with the chondroplasty or the third compartment synovectomy and would not be separately billable?

Thanks so much for your help...I was thinking it was bundled but wanted some support as I wasn't totally sure about the ACL being part of the patello/femoral compartment...again thanks for clearing that up, Paula

ACL in patellofemoral compartment

I have heard some ortho's say the ACL is in the lateral compartment. Could it be that it depends on what portion they are working on that would determine if it is in the patellofemoral compartment or lateral compartment? Or is it an unofficial rule that the ACL is always in the patellofemoral compartment? I just want to be sure for education purposes. There does not seem to be anything published on it.