Wiki Bundling denials for surgical dressings

lexidav43

New
Best answers
Good morning!
I have been seeing bundling denials from some carriers (mostly UHC) for the surgical dressing supplies we are billing. Our client is an orthopedic practice in Florida, and we are billing for the supplies provided to the patient to use at home after surgery. HCPCS codes A6203 and A6204 are denying for bundling when billed with A6010 or A6023, and the carrier is referring us to the Medicare guidelines for these codes. This is new territory for us as we have just started to bill for the dressing supplies. We have not had any denials from traditional Medicare. Also, I've noticed we are billing inpatient hospital POS for all carriers other than traditional Medicare which I don't believe is correct - could this be the issue?

Can someone provide some insight on the correct billing for these supply codes? We are using the correct modifiers (A1, A2, etc), but my concern is that we may be trying to bill two primary dressings and that's why one is bundling to the other. Any links to billing resources for A codes would be helpful and much appreciated!