Wiki Books for March 15 cpc test

JeanOlivier

Best answers
If I'm taking the CPC exam on March 15, can I still use my 2013 coding books? or do I have to buy new 2014 books? HELP!!!

Books and Testing

Hi

Its my understanding to use the current year books you are testing in. When you pick the exam under information the there are 3 tabs that explain the materials allowed and an overview of the test etc.

Best to check there. I wouldnt risk using older books with all the changes. One tip is to tab your book well, and you are allowed to write notes as you would, but no note stickers or taped in notes.

AAPC, Certifications, choose yours and it will explain which year of books and all that.!

Good Luck :)

Hcpcs updates

H
So does this mean that the test will be in ICD-10 format?

No the test is not on ICD-10 as I know. As for the HCPCS go to CMS Website download the priinted version AAPC will allow you to you this only for those testing in JAN AND FEB.

Yes, it would be alot of notes to write in 2013 CPT book lots of changes I think AAPC can send a list of updates.

Hope this helps! Good LUCK:)

Cpc-h

you can use the 2012 or 2013 ICD-9 book as they are identical, however you will need the 2014 CPT and HCPC II books.

Debra

I noticed you hold the CPC-H. I will be testing Feb 22 the study guidebook is not available till Jan 31:( not much time for me to study.

Do you have any tips? I was hoping to get a study group or mentor I contacted my chapter as well, what other resources would be helpful for me to review?

Thank you :)

Hi

Its my understanding to use the current year books you are testing in. When you pick the exam under information the there are 3 tabs that explain the materials allowed and an overview of the test etc.

Best to check there. I wouldnt risk using older books with all the changes. One tip is to tab your book well, and you are allowed to write notes as you would, but no note stickers or taped in notes.

AAPC, Certifications, choose yours and it will explain which year of books and all that.!

Good Luck :)

the 2012 ICD-9 CM book is the current set of codes there are no changes to ICD-9 CM since Oct 1, 2011 so the 2013 and 2014 books are identical to the 2012 there is no need to purchase a current year book if there are no changes.

Debra

I noticed you hold the CPC-H. I will be testing Feb 22 the study guidebook is not available till Jan 31:( not much time for me to study.

Do you have any tips? I was hoping to get a study group or mentor I contacted my chapter as well, what other resources would be helpful for me to review?

Thank you :)

look under the CMS heading and find the transmittal for the updated APCS they update this every quarter so the newest one may be back in December. know your revenue codes and the CPT code pairings. Other than that be sure to study the facility rules for E&M assignment. and when you do get the study guide take the practice test. Good Luck!