Wiki Bone biopsy

EALTON

New
Best answers
Can a bone biopsy tray be charged to an insurance claim from a facility and if so, what CPT / HCPCS is used?

Last edited:
Thank you. I am learning some new areas of pathology/ lab and there are some questions about if you can bill the facility charges for the bone biopsy tray. I thought supplies like the bone tray were included too, but there are some others that think you can charge for it. Wanted someone who deals with this on a daily basis to weigh in.

Facilities can charge for supplies - for routine supplies a CPT or HCPCS isn't usually required when the charge is reported with revenue code 270. Depending on the facility's contract with the payer, supplies may or may not get any additional reimbursement.

Facilities can charge for supplies - for routine supplies a CPT or HCPCS isn't usually required when the charge is reported with revenue code 270. Depending on the facility's contract with the payer, supplies may or may not get any additional reimbursement.

Thank you!!! I am just starting to help out with this new area of billing and wasn’t clear on the charges! I appreciate the advice.