Wiki Blue Cross Telehealth

tjones05

New
Best answers
Is anyone else encountering Blue Cross denying for invalid POS, but we are using the specific Blue Cross telehealth POS 10 and modifier GT.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi There TJones,
I thought GT modifier was expired. Would you not use modifier 95 or 93 with certain Ev Mgnt codes? The CPT codes listed to use modifier 95 are in Appendix P of the CPT manual year 2023. pg 1033 Our clinics and outpt. locations we use modifiers 93 and 95 for our commercial claims.
I hope helped you
Lady T

Last edited:
Hi There TJones,
I thought GT modifier was expired. Would you not use modifier 95 or 93 with certain Ev Mgnt codes? The CPT codes listed to use modifier 95 are in Appendix P of the CPT manual year 2023. pg 1033 Our clinics and outpt. locations we use modifiers 93 and 95 for our commercial claims.
I hope helped you
Lady T

It looks like the GT modifier is still used by Critical Access Hospitals who have elected Outpatient Payment Method II. https://www.cms.gov/files/document/mln901705-telehealth-services.pdf

That doesn't sound like what's happening here, of course. Just sharing why Modifier GT might still appear in 2024 code books when they come out.