Wiki Blue Cross P9073 Blood Product

dmonty

New
Best answers
I am in desperate need of help. Our facility has a handful of claims for different patients (ER and surgery claims) that are being billed with P9073 under revenue code 390. Blue Cross will not process our claims, they keep rejecting them stating "TRANSFUSION OR BLOOD PRODUCT EXCHANGE WITHOUT SPECIFICATION OF BLOOD PRODUCT". We have tried everything we can think of, adding details on the line item level and in the remark codes. We are billing this with 36430 under revenue code 391. I have spent so many hours researching this and everything I'm finding is showing that we are billing correctly. We have tried to contact Blue Cross about this and they have been no help. I tried contacting their EDI services and they told me to email them, I did that a month ago and never received a response. Our claims are hitting timely filing now. I dealt with this once 3yrs ago and I can't remember what the fix was. Has anyone had success with this? PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance!

I am in desperate need of help. Our facility has a handful of claims for different patients (ER and surgery claims) that are being billed with P9073 under revenue code 390. Blue Cross will not process our claims, they keep rejecting them stating "TRANSFUSION OR BLOOD PRODUCT EXCHANGE WITHOUT SPECIFICATION OF BLOOD PRODUCT". We have tried everything we can think of, adding details on the line item level and in the remark codes. We are billing this with 36430 under revenue code 391. I have spent so many hours researching this and everything I'm finding is showing that we are billing correctly. We have tried to contact Blue Cross about this and they have been no help. I tried contacting their EDI services and they told me to email them, I did that a month ago and never received a response. Our claims are hitting timely filing now. I dealt with this once 3yrs ago and I can't remember what the fix was. Has anyone had success with this? PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance!
I am not sure if this will help or what state you are in, but I would review their Reimbursement Policy, below are a few I use for NC Commercial BCBS. These policies dont always specifically state each code but use the wording.
Services Bundled Into Inpatient / Outpatient Stays (bluecrossnc.com)
Supply and Equipment Reimbursement (bluecrossnc.com)
or the bundling:
https://www.bluecrossnc.com/document/bundling-guidelines