Wiki Billing position by default

Best answers
I started working 6 months ago as a receptionist/referral clerk for a small(2 physicians) clinic. I was originally hired as a biller/coder but due to an employee quitting I filled the other positions. The original biller at the office was recently fired for misconduct and now I have placed in this position by default. I am a certified coder but I have no in-office experience in billing. So of course I'm terrified lol. The physician ensured me that he will pay for any training I need from his vendor that provides his EHS. So basically I'm asking for any advice you all can provide to me on my current situation. Should I take on this position and learn from scratch or decline?

congratulations

hello,

You Should take the position and learn from scratch do not quit. Do you want to hired me we can help each other. :eek:

I started as a receptionist at my current employer and filled the biller position 6 mos after that and learned completely from scratch. I picked up coding later on too. I feel like it makes me a well-rounded employee that I know how to do a lot of different positions.

My training is entirely over the phone and i prefer one on one training. I guess I'm afraid because I'm the only one in the position but today wasn't too bad.

I'd say to stick with it. It's hard to get a job in billing/coding as a new biller/coder and not for a lack of open positions. The issue is that most practices are looking for billers/coders with at least 2 years experience.

Wish you the best of luck and if you need any help, that's what we're all here for.

Good luck!

I think it's important to learn as much as possible. It's a fast paced world so try not to stress too much.

Good luck!

:)Hello,
Congrats on the new position! Definately take it. Although it was by default, you have a great opportunity availible to you!! I got my first position back in 1997 as a temp. Co-worker moved out of state. I inquired about position and was offered the job.....Congrats. You'll do well!!!