Wiki Billing LPN Services for Home Health

tero6no8

New
Best answers
Does anyone have experience with billing Pediatric home health services for an LPN? I have no experience with coding or billing for these services and I have gotten some questions regarding this. Any guidance would be much appreciated,

Home health services usually need to be provided under the umbrella of a licensed home health agency, which would normally bill these on a UB form with revenue and HCPCS codes to identify the specific types of service - i.e. the number of visits or the time spent, but the coding can vary depending on the payer that is being billed. It doesn't involve coding in the same sense as the coding you'd do for a physician provider.

This isn't an area I have a lot of experience in, so perhaps other coders will respond, but if you can give a little more detail about what your specific questions are, we might be able to help direct you more.

Here is a list of Home Health billable codes. I go tit from UHC. I hope this helps. Check with the Payer what is acceptable to them. Some codes are billed by TIME (every 15 mins), some are by day (1 visit/day). Just make sure if you are billing the time based that you have the correct number of units.

Attachments

• UHC_BillingCodeshome-health-care.pdf
    244 KB · Views: 3