Wiki Billing License in NJ? Please Help

CMBA4

Contributor
Best answers
Quick question -

I am hoping someone can help me. I am based in NY, with a small medical billing company. I am not a certified coder as of yet. I current have a few physicians that send me their billing and I submit claims for them (I do not provide any coding the physicians do this), I recently got a call from one of the physicians that is based in NJ. She is stating that according to a recent billing conference she went to that if she uses a billing service that they need to be certified/licensed in NJ. Is this true? As far as I knew there were no certified Medical Billing degrees or licenses. If this is correct how do I go about being licensed or certified in NJ? Can some one please help me. I am confused on this whole topic and do not want to lose any current physicians.

Thank you all very much!

I found a website of a Medical Billing Company in NJ and in support of their company versus others are saying "Moreover, any medical biller with training & certification still needs to maintain their credentials and be up-to-date with the ever-changing world of medical billing." http://www.millennium-mb.com/medicalbilling_about.html

I think many physicians would be encouraged to have medical billers who are either certified in coding and/or has a medical billing certification..